Skip to main content

Recovering to normal

It was an incredible feeling leaving work early at 1:00pm on a Friday knowing that I wasn't going to return that Monday. Playing Savage Garden on the car radio and listening to the words "I want to live, I want to run through the jungle , The wind in my hair and the sand at my feet" truer words cannot describe the feeling of escaping the cage of work. I had it all planned out in my mind about the wonderful days following that Friday of what I was going to do and what I was going to accomplish. Then Saturday night happened.

Early in the day I went to Richmond, Va to visit with my parents and siblings having a great time eating good food and gossiping about life. As evening approached and I had another taste of the wonderful home cooked meal and headed off to bed skipping with delight I was about to experience some pain I had not ever felt before. I've had indigestion problems for  a while but I woke up with heavy chest pain, my stomach was sensitive, and I couldn't find a comfortable way to lie flat in the bed. It hurt so bad I went to the Urgent Care Clinic.

My first visit didn't help, as the second, as the visit to my primary care doctor and not until I visited the actual emergency room did doctors discover it was my gallbladder. After 5 days of barely eating anything but soup and water did I find out what was wrong. I had waited until my husband came home from Florida to help me at the hospital and I was glad I wasn't alone. The surgery didn't take place until late the next day but thanks to some good pain medicine I got through it. Come to find out a few weeks later not only my mother, my sister, my grandmother and few aunts have also had the same surgery.

I know I need to learn how to eat better, exercise more and be less stressed. One of the main reasons I quit my job besides not feeling fulfilled was due to my health. I wanted to take time to lose some weight and get healthy. I want to get pregnant and I know if I continued on the same path it wasn't going to happen without spending a ton of money on fertility treatments. I look forward to the next several months of freedom from having to work daily. I'm grateful for the opportunity my husband gave me. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you took the step and quit your job! Mine also almost killed me. I was never home and constantly stressed. At the end of the day you did the right thing. If you do not have your health, then what do we have? It is hard sometimes to take the leap, but you will see results soon.

    Benedict @ U.S. HealthWorks Bridgewater

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My best friend

Before my husband joined the Coast Guard we discussed all the pros and cons and I thought I could handle it. I, after all, was in the Marine Corps, I know about military life. I know how hard it can be, and how hard the work could be. I still wanted him to do it. I saw working a 9-5 job as a soul-sucking endeavor that I really didn't want him to experience. I mean, some of my jobs have been neat but they've only been jobs. I wasn't excited about any of it. It is hard to swallow sometimes since I have a Bachelors and two Masters I'm still working on repaying.  When he used to talk about the time he had in the Army he had this glint in his eyes. I could see he missed it. He was fully aware of all the suck that comes with it but the military brings you a camaraderie no other job can compare to. He's been in the Coast Guard over a year now and I see how much he loves it. His first unit as a non-rate was exactly what he needed. His current unit tries his patience bu

Granada, Spain...Add to countries to visit?

It is no surprise to my husband or my family I want to travel the world. I was watching House Hunters International on Netflix and saw an episode on Granada, Spain and I want to add it to the list of places I want to visit. The Alhambra was a real draw and the historic aspect gives me the goosebumps. It was originally constructed as a fortress and then renovated as a palace. I loved how the show highlighted the people, the homes, and the beauty of the city. There is so many places I want to visit and maybe even live in for a few years. I love my husband for agreeing to look at our path every few years and seeing if it is the right path for us. I don't want to chase the money and my husband agrees.  Life should be about the experiences, the memories, the love. I want to enjoy life. I want to learn, grow, love and experience new things. The show did highlight some of the couples with children and it made me happy. This is the year we hope to get pregnant and its nice to see bring